Saturday, April 9, 2011

Girl Meets Camera

There comes a time in ones life where they realize that they don't have kids or a husband so therefore, they are perfectly justified to spend $450 on a camera. I mean, its not like I am a dude who got chewed out by Pres Monson for buying toys instead of getting married (See here for more details about Pres Monson). So yeah, it's totally legit for me to buy a camera, right? Yeah, that's what I thought too as I purchased my little Canon Rebel T1i (priced at $700 from Costco, but I am a big believer in buying stuff for cheap off of ksl). Here it is, see!
What this means is that this is the last time you will ever see pics taken off of my little mac. Woot! It also means that when I go to La Jolla on Friday, I will actually have a chance to capture some of the beauty around me and hopefully at least give it SOME justice this time around.

So I've been thinking about a few names for my new baby. I figure just because I don't have my own kids doesn't mean that I have to be left out of the naming world, right? I mean I have a few names up my sleeve that I like that need to go somewhere because they are just that good. Some names I'm considering (in no particular order) are:

1. Lola
2. Rogue - Like off of x-men. My camera would definitely be a yobbo (British term for thug) with a name like Rogue! Woot!
3. Kirk
4. Ramona
5. Liv - I really like Liv Tyler. And also the name is like the word live which means to exist. What better name to give this little sucker than something that symbolizes life. Yeah, deep.
6. Ferngully
7. Xavier
8. Rufas - The name of the first dog I ever owned. One day he got lost and we spent all day driving in the car to find him. It wasn't until years later that I found out my parents took him to the vet to be euthanized because he bit a neighbor kid in the butt.
9. Gretta (thank you hippyhames.com for that suggestion)

Don't worry folks (because I know you are sitting on the edge of your chairs), the name results will be posted later once I have reflected deeply about this issue.

I hope all of you are having a terrific Sunday. I know I will be looking forward to some family dinner and dinking around with (insert camera name here).

Loves

5 comments:

HettyA said...

great camera i love mine :)

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

I love mine too :) My favorite free photo editing program? Paint.net (it's a program you download.

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

I've talked to a lot of girls and they said that even if they had bad mentor teachers they learned a lot (it helps a lot to have a nice one. I think as long as you don't get someone who is pregnant though you're fine.

Unknown said...

You are a pro! Congrats on the new camera!

Pete and Kimmy said...

ooooh fun!! i'm excited to see what pics you post!! i use a free editing software that you can download. it's called "photoscape" and i really like it cause it's free and way easy to use!