Saturday, April 25, 2009

I love to see the temple

I'm so happy for temples and the gospel. When everything seems to fall apart, Heavenly Father doesn't let us down.

I went to the temple with some of the teachers and friends from Taiwan. On the way to the temple, I met a friend named Debbie (she is Taiwanese) on the bus and spoke with her. She asked what we were doing and I told her we were going to the temple in Taipei. We talked about a lot of things, but I was able to tell her a little bit about the church and handed her a pass along card and some information about the gospel and she read it for a good long time on the bus. I don't know if much will come from it, but if anything I enjoyed talking to her because she was a super nice girl. This was my first experience where I told somebody about the gospel for the first time and gave them information about it. It was pretty cool.

Here is a picture of me and some of my temple trip buddies:

From left to right is Fenny, Jeana, Stephanie, and me.

Another really exciting thing happened to me while I was at the temple. As we walked in, the temple president and his wife were at the front desk. I happened to talk to them at stake conference the weekend before when everybody was outside with Sister Bednar and Sister Hurr. Well, when I saw them at the front desk, I said hi to the temple presidents wife and she said "I remember you" and it was fun to see them both again. They are from the United States and they just seem like a really sweet, but strong couple. The exciting part is that as we were doing baptisms, the temple president came downstairs and sat in on the confirmations. When it came to be my turn, he asked how to say my name and he confirmed me. It was actually a really special experience and I feel very blessed. I'm happy that I went to the temple. In a world where everything else might be confusing, the one thing that holds true is the gospel. I love Taiwan.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh how awesome!! You look GORGEOUS in that picture by the way. I misssssss you!

Unknown said...

So True, So True,So True! We just went to the temple, but since we awoke at 3:30 (so we could get there by 6:00) I nearly caught myself snoring!

Jeanne