Friday, January 21, 2011

Creeped out by the Creeper

Story.

Yesterday morning I was driving to school going from Lehi to UVU. I was in the far left lane so that I could pretend to go "fast" as there is all of the stupid construction work going on around here. I looked over to the right lane beside me and a man in a blue SUV was smiling and waving in my direction. I do the awkward hi wave in return and keep driving. So as I'm driving, I realize that if I go slower, he goes slower. If I go faster, he goes faster. He basically stays right with me all the way into Orem.

I tried to keep zero eye contact with him at this point because he started to be even more aggressive by blowing me kisses and such. I mostly was just laughing it off because you all have been with your friends when a bunch of guys in cars try to hit on you right? Well I just figured it was like that, only a little bit weirder. Anyway, because he was right beside me, I couldn't change lanes. If I sped up to pass him, he would speed up. If I slowed way down to go behind him, he would slow way down. I finally slowed down quite a bit and then gunned it so that I could pass his stupid SUV.

I got off of my exit and thought he would just keep driving and I would just chalk that one up as another guy who hit on me while driving. But no, he followed me off of the exit. It was getting creepy at this point. I didn't know what to do. I wondered if should I call the cops, call my mom, or what? So the exit I got off on had two lanes. He got in the lane next to me and was prepared to travel up the road following me again like on the freeway. Luckily I was able to make a right turn to go into UVU and because he was in the left lane, he couldn't follow.

After that incident, my heart was racing for like the next two hours. What would I have done if he had been able to follow me into school? All I can say is that I'm just glad I was able to lose him. What a crazy ordeal. And yes, don't worry I'm alive. In case you were worried.

On another note, I'm going to Vegas in an hour to listen to my sister-in-laws little brothers band Imagine Dragons open for Weezer. Yep, free concert tickets, possible back stage passes, and trip to Vegas for the weekend. I can't complain

1 comment:

HettyA said...

Awesome! My parents are going to vegas too! Wish we were going. have a blast :)