Sunday, January 16, 2011

Citrus Salad and Kiwi Cupcakes

Blog, Sometimes I feel like you are more like my journal. I sort of like that. My picture journal that the world can access if they want, or can choose to not to access if they want. Either way I like you.

So here we go

One of my favorite parts about Sunday is coming home feeling spiritually fed and then getting the chance to literally eat and feel physically fed. Ok so basically that sentence was a little bit to formal for me. What I am trying to say is that if you are anything like me, you probably eat everything in sight when you first come home from church. It's like being somewhere for 3 hours strait and then not being able to shop on Sunday is the perfect combination for some major carb loading. But today, I was a little bit better and made a conscious choice about what I put in my body and it ended up being a yum yum food day :)

First on the menu, a citrus salad (we have a lot of oranges sitting around. its orange season you know). This consists of lettuce, spinach, pineapple, oranges, lemon, almonds, and mozzarella (but feta cheese would always be better if you have it). The dressing is pineapple juice, lemon juice, orange zest, balsamic vinegar, and EVOO (extra virgin olive oil).


Next on the menu, kiwi cupcakes. For the recipe on this one go here. After eating a taste of these, my mom said, "hum, that's interesting." Apparently she wasn't so thrilled with this recipe but I really liked it. Food has a tendency to taste better to me when I know its healthy. That could be part of the reason why I enjoyed them so much :)


All in all, a day spent in the kitchen listening to cool music while i cook = perfect.

1 comment:

HettyA said...

Looks really really yummy! :)