Thursday, December 2, 2010

What did YOU do this semester?

This morning I woke up, looked at my big stack of books for school, then got excited about how I get to sell a big bunch of them back so that some new students can figure out that they hate them too. The books at the top of this picture are the ones that I am going to SELL. Woo hoo! I hated some of those. I mean really, I can only take so much early puritan writing. Boring! But, if you know me, you also know that I am not a book hater. The bottom row shows the books that I will keep and lovingly place on my wooden bookshelf that my Dad made me when I was in Junior High.
The books that enter into that honored location called juniper wood bookshelf are:

The Remains of the Day (one of my favs. Good read)
New British Poetry
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Brick Lane
The Interesting Narrative of Olaudah Equiano
Hawthorne's Short Stories (I realized how much i LOVE Nate Hawthorne this year)
The Blithdale Romance (another good read)
Frederick Douglas
Leaves of Grass (Ok so I already owned 2 copies of this, but I did revisit it as was required for class so I included it anyway)

Wow, this semester flew by and then dragged by and then flew by again. I'm happy its almost over and I can reap the rewards of another one down and then just one more to go. Gosh, can you believe that after this semester, I will become a teacher??? I can't wait to start my big kid adult life soon :)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Yay Jaimie!!!! One more semester!