Saturday, September 18, 2010

Today

Today is hard. In the past few weeks, I've been having some great experiences with the gospel and remembering who I am again. I think a lot of that has to do with my institute classes, lds.org with its mormon messages, and a pure desire to learn and grow. But sometimes, especially on days like today, I just feel overwhelmed with anxiety over my life and where I am at.

I went with my bffffff's from high school to the Lone Star Taqueria (featured once on the foodnetwork, yum!). It was weird to feel alienated by the mere fact that I am missing some jeweler on my left hand ring finger. It seems like everybody is growing older and moving onto the next part of their lives except for me. What makes it even harder is that in the past year, I've had to deal with some of the hardest trials with guys and dating. I didn't even realize how big of a ride this whole dating thing could be until I found myself stuck in some pretty lousy situations. The phrase when it rains, it pours has never seemed so true. But when all seems lost, I remind myself that


Life is hard. Some have trials a whole heck of a lot worse then I do. And the thing is that life is supposed to be hard. It is how we handle the hard that is the test. That being said, I too can do hard things. Sometimes when we may not know the answers, the best thing to do is just to remember the blessings, don't give up, and keep on going.




2 comments:

Becky's Blog said...

Dear sister- you should come live with your sister in MA for a year. Did you know they are opening the first BYU extension right here in my ward!! as an BETA for other areas....starting January!

PS you should call your sister! Should I specify which one????My phone is still not ringing!!!

Tiffany said...

Oh Jaimie :( ... don't feel alienated. We are all at completely different stages in our lives. I feel very different too, but for different reasons! .. Married, Single, kids, no kids... everyone has days like this! I'm sorry dating experiences have been so rough lately. That MUST mean something good is coming! ... And remember your beautiful picture, "Boys are dumb. Throw rocks at the them" Still true today. I love you!