Sunday, May 31, 2009

On a more serious note...

Today on the bus ride home, Dane pointed out some interesting things to me regarding Moses 4:1 and 2 which say:

1 - And I, the Lord God, spake unto Moses, saying: That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begottten, is the same of which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying - behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor.
2 - But, behold, my Beloved Son, which was my Beloved and Chosen from the beginning, said unto me - Father, they will be done, and the glory be thine forever.

In verse 1, if you count how many times it says I and me, it comes out to be 5 times but Christ responds with "Thy will be done and the glory be thine forever." This just caused me to reflect upon how many times I do things for myself and worry about me and I.

Tonight I found myself comparing my worst to others best - as my mother calls it, and I realized that this thought is the selfish and destructing thinking that Satan would have us do - the Me's and I's. I decided to go to the park and read and reflect and here is what I came up with:

Mines the Best

The human soul finds short triumph when the ego boosting battles are won.
The daughter fighting the mother until the belittling of self worth leaves the mother relentless to give up causes the daughter to exclaim carelessly, "I won, I'm the best."
The friend who betrays a confidence to edify the need for social growth while in the midst of the group feels that "they are the best."
The boy who smugly grins, knowing he is smarter then his classmates after the grades are given deems his worth to be "above the rest."
These are they who think of me and I.

Then there is He who sees past the I'ms and the whines.
He who confidentially said "let the glory be thine."
He died for these, and those, because he was kind - this was the test.
Because His Son lovingly overcame the world, the Father can say, "Mines the Best."

No comments: