Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Night Markets

In Taiwan, the big thing is to go to night markets. They are held on Tues, Wed, Fri, and Sat. Here are a couple of pictures for you to enjoy.




You may be worried that at the night markets here in Taiwan they might not have fried squid as opposed to the night markets in America. Do not feel alarmed, you may rest assured that at the night market in Taiwan, we do in fact have fried squid on a stick. Yum!







This is a picture of some of the yummy fruit that you might find at a night market. I really liked the colors so I thought I would share it with ya all.
Ok, so this technically isn't a picture of the night market, its just a picture of me buying some fruit at a little fruit stand the day after. I thought that I would share it because it's actually a picture of the first trip that I took without a guide. Somebody pointed this fruit stand to me as I was riding on the back of their scooter and the next morning, I took 3 other girls with me and we went and bought fruit. In that bag were 2 apples, 2 oranges, 1 kiwi, and 2 fruits that look like small apples but taste sort of bland and have a funky texture and it only cost me 60 qui or $1.80, and the fruit here is amazzzzing!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

If the fruit really is that amazing, you'll just have to bring me some when you come home! You could put it in a ziplock bag, and pack it inbetween some t-shirts! That could totally work! LOL
I love your pictures! They make me not miss you as much! :)

Love you!

Unknown said...

Mmm...Squid on a stick!