Saturday, November 21, 2009

I ran!

My friend Becca asked me if I wanted to go to the Mesquite Marathon last Sunday at church and of course I said yes. Today I ran the 10k which is 6.4 miles and got a time of 1:06:04. That means that I pretty much did my average which means 10 minute miles. I did end up placing 2nd in my age division so yippie for that. My favorite moment in the race was the last mile where I decided that I wanted to beat the two girls that were in front of me. When I passed them, they got a little bit faster and passed me. I followed them until I could see the finish line where I sprinted in to beat them. They weren't to happy about that, but a girl has to do what a girl has to do.
Becca ran the full marathon and got a time of 3:30:00. She is pretty much an amazing runner and also got 2nd in her age division.

We went to the St. George temple and walked around then decided to take pictures with our medals :)

The two most attractive girls running in Mesquite.

No comments: