Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Song of Myself

Inspired by Walt Whitman


I cherish you, my failures and my flaws

I cherish the bad decisions and shortcomings

I cherish the multitude of mistakes

for they let me know that I am human


To the battered and bruised, join me

For we know that only through weakness comes growth


To you who have experienced hurt and pain

(and you have, I know you)

I say to you, come


Come rejoice in your accomplishments

Come sing praises to the existence of life

Come acknowledge the peace maker of your soul


It is only through recognizing success

that all fear of failure dissolves


When we feel weak, do not say to yourself

I fear the journey

When we feel weak, stand up and walk


Walk when others let you down

Walk when all seems to be against you

For we know that only through weakness comes growth

Thus I say, I cherish you

my failures and my flaws

No comments: